Real Estate Law
The lawyers of our Real Estate practice group advise and litigate on all aspects of property law, such as lease, construction, project development and property transactions.
We know the ins and outs of the property market and the dynamics involved, and quickly get to the core of the matter, no matter how complex. Our clients include property investors, project developers, housing corporations, municipalities and other public authorities. We also advise contractors, architects, estate agents, civil-law notaries, retailers, franchisors and franchisees, among others.
Real Estate Law at FORT Advocaten
Our lawyers provide customised advice on:
- Purchase and sale of property
- Building contracts
- Apartment rights and owners’ associations
- Building contracts and UAV (Uniform Administrative Conditions)
- Urgent use by the landlord itself
- Ground lease
- Approval of derogation clauses
- Tenant options and break options
- Rent disputes
- Rent adjustment
- Common ownership
- Eviction and protection against eviction
- Project development
- Property management and operation of property
- Investment properties
Lawyers Real Estate Law
- Supervising the leasing of almost all the stores of Perry Sport and Aktiesport, on behalf of Sports Unlimited Retail. Sports Unlimited is a division of JD Sports, a listed company in the United Kingdom.
- Advising and assisting Nespresso Nederland B.V. on the leasing of several locations in the Netherlands, including the locations at Schiphol and Utrecht Central Station.
- Supervising the purchase by the Nedstede Group of the former police office on Willemsparkweg in Amsterdam.
- Advising a structural basis at Blokker Holding, a non-food retail group with more than 2,000 stores in the Netherlands and abroad. This advice relates in particular to questions of lease, general property and franchise. In addition to playing an advisory role, FORT has also conducted various court proceedings for several formulas in the group of Blokker Holding, such as Blokker and Marskramer.
- Assisting in the leasing out of retail spaces on PC Hooftstraat and Hobbemastraat in Amsterdam to Mulberry, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Tommy Hilfiger, G-Star, Tesla and Siematic, among others.
- Successfully litigating on behalf of Segesta Exploitatie B.V. against the official receivers in the insolvency of McGregor Retail B.V. The official receivers demanded substitution by restarter Doniger Fashion Group B.V.
- Supervising the purchase of three commercial spaces in the Pointsteiger building in Houthavens, Amsterdam.
- Supervising the purchase of Odeon on Singel in Amsterdam and the subsequent leasing of the property to Supperclub.
- Assisting an investor on the sale to Standard Life of office space leased to Booking.com.
- Assisting an investor on the purchase of retail spaces under Hotel Krasnapolsky on Damstraat in Amsterdam.
- Advising Lush B.V. on the acquisition of commercial real estate in The Netherlands.