- Expertise: Property Law, Landlord and Tenant Law, and Franchise Law
Maaike Boomsma advises, negotiates and litigates on the leasing and letting of both residential and commercial space. She furthermore advises and assists franchisees and franchisors, for instance when drawing up and negotiating franchise agreements. She has furthermore been involved in several legal actions and has advised on disputes regarding exclusivity territories and sales forecasts, among other things. She focuses in particular on the retail sector.
Maaike has completed the Landlord and Tenant Law specialist course (VHA) and previously completed internships in Washington D.C. and on Curacao. She is furthermore a board member of the Young Property Lawyers Association (VJOJ) and a member of the Landlord and Tenant Law Practitioners Association and of property association FRESH.
- Advising on a structural basis at Blokker Holding, a non-food retail group with more than 2,000 stores in the Netherlands and abroad. The advice relates in particular to questions of lease, general property and franchise. In addition to playing an advisory role, FORT has also conducted various legal proceedings for several formulas in the group of Blokker Holding, such as Blokker and Marskramer.
- Advising and assisting almost all the franchisees of Albert Heijn and their association. Albert Heijn is a supermarket formula, a division of Ahold Delhaize, and the market leader in the Netherlands, which also has branches in Belgium and Germany. There is a dispute between the parties regarding the manner in which the annual financial settlement should take place.
- Assisting various retailers, including franchisors, such as Soap Treatment Store, in drawing up concession agreements and franchise agreements.
- Various activities for retailers Intertoys and Bart Smit regarding franchise law, the interpretation of franchise agreements and the provisions they contain regarding exclusivity territories.