Real Estate & Government
You develop, build, purchase, sell, lease, let and/or manage property or are involved in such activities as an adviser.
We know the legal ins and outs, and advise and/or litigate in that context. That is where the two of us meet.
You favour fast and practical advice – as do we.
We go straight to the heart of the matter, no matter how complex it is..
You like to work with people who know you and your market well.
We are those people – and we have the track record to prove it.
In our team specialists in property law and administrative law work together closely and efficiently. That allows us to offer integral advice and creative solutions. Exactly who would you expect of a legal adviser.
• The turnkey purchase of shopping centres with parking spaces for a large Dutch investor. Transaction amounts of approximately €22 million and €21.5 million.
• Supervision of the sale of a property portfolio (option to buy, ground lease, apartment rights) for a large Dutch investor. Transaction amount of approximately €10 million.
• The supervision of the sale and letting of a new development project, developed by a consortium, consisting of holiday houses, a marina and catering establishments, to a holiday park operator, a marina operator and catering operators, respectively.
• Involved as a team (project development) in the new development of a hospital in the province of Noord Holland.
• Assisting a procedural party in various legal proceedings on the non-performance or incorrect performance by the other party of a turnkey purchase agreement. Litigation amount of approximately €22 million.
• Assisting a procedural party (buyer) in judicial proceedings for the dissolution/annulment of a purchase agreement of land for project development, on the grounds of breach by the seller and error on the part of the buyer. Litigation amount of approximately €20 million.
• Strategic advice on leases and their performance, and on rent adjustments and proceedings in that context, for both tenants (retail trade and catering) and landlords.
• Leases in combination with franchise agreements. Amounts varying from €50,000 to approximately €10 million.
• Advising on the renovation and redevelopment of a shopping centre in a large shopping area. Amount of approximately €50 million.
• Assisting a procedural party in judicial proceedings on the settlement of a lease. Litigation amount of approximately €3.7 million.
• Promoting the interests of various estate agents and their professional liability insurer. Amounts varying from approximately €100,000 to approximately €10 million.
• Drawing up general conditions of a large national estate agent.
• Holding estate agents liable on behalf of clients for professional errors made or incorrectly performed letters of engagement. Amounts varying from €50,000 to approximately €10 million.
• Assisting the buyer of ground floor shops under the Krasnapolsky Hotel (Damstraat in Amsterdam), including division and subdivision into apartment rights and a lease in connection with partial leaseback by the seller.
• Assisting a project developer in leasing office space in which Hema and VNU have now established their head offices.
• Advising on the development of house building & retail at the NDSM-werf. Financial interest of approximately €6 million.
• Supervising procedures for reclaiming government funding of primary education. Financial interest of approximately €800,000.
• Advising on the development of a hotel in Rotterdam.
• Advising on the development of a large office/residential location in the centre of Rotterdam.
• Advising on planning change damage related to a residential/retail project. Financial interest of approximately €2 million.
• Advising on environmental permit procedures of plants in the province of Noord-Holland. Financial interest of approximately €1,500,000.
• Advising on and supervising procedures under landlord and tenant law for large national and international retailers.
• Advising on and supervising procedures for private and institutional investors, developers and tenants on e.g. further rent determination, renovation, service charges, termination of leases, franchise and securities/bankruptcy (office space, parking spaces, retail space, catering establishments and residential space).
• Advising property managers and large owners’ associations.
• Advising and assisting a municipality in proceedings against the owners of an entire street in the field of acquisitive prescription.
• Assisting corporations in proceedings against tenants of residential space and advising corporations in disputes in the field of neighbours’ statutory rights and obligations, restricted rights (leasehold, structures, servitudes, apartment rights, common ownership) and prescription.
• Advising project developers and investors on the purchase and sale of retail and office space, including the assessment and drafting of sale and purchase agreements.
• Due diligence investigation regarding the purchase of property and the acquisition of a business.