- Expertise: Corporate Law, Corporate & Commercial Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Class Actions
Berth Brouwer specialises in the resolution and avoidance of disputes within companies and partnerships (Corporate & Commercial Litigation), such as conflicts or imminent conflicts between shareholders, managing directors, depositary receipt holders or other stakeholders, and the termination of partnerships. He also advises and litigates on partnership firms, such as professional partnerships and limited partnerships, and commercial contracts. He also has a great deal of experience with conducting class actions.
Berth completed the Grotius Company Law and Corporate Law course, is a lecturer at VU University Amsterdam and a member of the Corporate Litigation Association and the Dutch Association of Litigation Law Publications. He also regularly publishes articles.
- Advising and assisting almost all of Albert Heijn’s franchisees and their association. Albert Heijn is a supermarket formula, a division of Ahold Delhaize and the market leader in the Netherlands, and also has branches in Belgium and Germany. There is a dispute between these parties regarding the manner in which the annual financial settlement should take place.
- Assisting law firms, accountants and medical specialists, among others, with regard to the termination of their partnerships, the unbundling of their businesses and financial settlements.
- Assisting a leading transport company in its disputes with stakeholders within the company.
- Assisting the management board of 175 wholesalers in a takeover battle before the Netherlands Enterprise Court at the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.
- Assisting a shareholder in an international clothing retail company in a dispute with her fellow shareholders.