- Expertise: Insolvency Law, Restructuring and Fraud Prevention
Frits Kemp specialises in insolvency law. His areas of expertise include assisting companies that are faced with difficulties, restructuring debts or loans, restarts, and disputes with official receivers. He himself is also regularly appointed as the official receiver in unusual or large insolvencies.
He also has special expertise in the field of bankruptcy fraud and other types of fraud, and has been the official receiver in high-profile insolvencies.
Frits completed the Grotius/INSOLAD Insolvency Law course and the Erasmus/INSOLAD Financial Economy course. He furthermore works as a lecturer, publishes articles and is one of the founders of the 1Overheid Initiative Group and an investigator at the Netherlands Enterprise Court of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.
- Acting as the official receiver in the insolvency of, and advising on the restart of, Mexx, an international fashion chain with 1,500 employees and stores in 50 countries, including 315 in Europe.
- Acting as the official receiver in the insolvency of, and advising on the restart of, Kroymans, a group of 51 companies with an annual turnover of EUR 2 billion and 4,000 employees.
- Acting as the official receiver in the insolvency of, and advising on the restart of, MS Mode a fashion chain with 660 employees and 130 branches in the Netherlands.
- Work and advice on acquisition transactions, including those regarding the Dutchbird airline and Kurhaus.