- Expertise: Corporate Law, Corporate & Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Class Actions
Thomas Welschen specialises as a corporate lawyer in Corporate & Commercial litigation. That may involve the avoidance and settlement of conflicts within a company, regarding partnerships, and among shareholders, managing directors, supervisory directors, depositary receipt holders and other stakeholders. But they may also relate to conflicts regarding commercial contracts and liability. Thomas regularly litigates, also in preliminary relief proceedings, before courts and courts of appeal, and has a great deal of experience in the field of attachment and enforcement law.
Thomas completed the Grotius Company Law and Corporate Law course and is a member of the Corporate Litigation Association.
- Representing a mortgage advice firm in preliminary relief proceedings before the Amsterdam Court against a review website regarding a ban on imposing measures.
- Representing two foundations and a church association in proceedings on the merits before the Court of The Hague against a former managing director and his wife regarding liability in excess of EUR 800,000 on the grounds of withdrawals for private purposes.
- Representing a private individual in proceedings on the merits before the Court of Appeal of The Hague against the State of the Netherlands regarding the aftermath of a property fraud case.
- Representing a private individual in proceedings on the merits before the Court of Oost-Brabant against an insurance agent regarding breach of his duty of care.
- Representing a clothing manufacturer and the managing director/shareholder in several proceedings before the Netherlands Enterprise Court at the Amsterdam Court of Appeal and the ordinary court.