Katinka Verdurmen is a creative and committed lawyer who acts quickly and appropriately. She leads the team of franchise and tenancy law specialists within act Fort Advocaten and has been ranked by The Legal 500 as a Leading Individual in the Industry category: Retail in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Katinka also serves as Managing Partner on the day-to-day management of act FORT.
Katinka specialises in lease and franchise law. She advises a large number of leading retail parties with whom she has built up a long-term relationship. In addition, she works for property developers, investors and estate agents, which means she knows the retail sector from various perspectives. She is often a linking pin in the cooperation with other advisors of her clients.
Katinka advises both franchisors and franchisees on drafting franchise agreements, setting up franchise organisations, establishing franchise associations and on the transfer, termination and amended continuation of franchise relationships.
Our clients told The Legal500 the following about Katinka, among other things:
- “‘Quick-thinking’ managing partner Katinka Verdurmen provides clients with a blend of commercial contracting and real estate expertise, with particular experience in franchising work and leasing disputes.”
- “Good knowledge of the relevant market developments, quick replies and pragmatic advice.”
- “She has her client top of mind and combines her excellent legal skills with her commercial point of view to the benefit of her client.”
(Scroll down for more quotes from The Legal 500)
Katinka is active in the following associations and platforms:
- Lecturer at the Real Estate Business School;
- Editor-in-chief of the ‘Tijdschrift voor Huurrecht Bedrijfsruimte‘;
- (Co)-editor-in-chief of the ‘Tijdschrift voor Huurrecht Bedrijfsruimte’;
- Member of the Association of Tenancy Law Attorneys (VHA).
Publications by Katinka
- TvHB 2022/1 – Een huurovereenkomst met een maandhuur van € 10.000 of meer? Wwft-plicht!
- TvHB 2021/4 – Interview met Jeroen Lokers (managing partner bij Cushman & Wakefield) over de vastgoedsector en de bijbehorende ontwikkelingen, de impact van de coronacrisis, de toekomst van fysieke winkels en kantoorruimten
- TvHB 2021/4 – Noot: ECLI:NL:RBOVE:2021:1944 (gebruikersovereenkomst, niet-ontvankelijk, art. 7:230a BW) (TvHB 2021/15)
- TvHB 2019/6 – Noot Hof Den Haag 10 september 2019
- Handboek Huurrecht Bedrijfsruimte 2018 – Hoofdstuk 12: Huur en franchise
- TvHB 2018/6 – Workshop 2: Franchise en goedkeuring afwijkende bedingen
- TvHB 2018/2 – Noot Hof Arnhem-Leeuwarden 31 oktober 2017
- TvHB 2017/6 – De samenloop van de franchise- en huurovereenkomst
- TvHB 2016/4 – Betalingen, Boete, Kosten en verzuim in de ROZ modellenTvHB 2011/6 – Wet Bibob en huur bedrijfsruimten
All publications are only available in Dutch.
Katinka has an excellent reputation and is considered one of the best lawyers in the Netherlands by the renowned, independent platform The Legal 500. In recent years she has received the following rankings and nice quotes from clients:
- The Legal 500 2022 – Leading Individual in Industry Focus: Retail
“Katinka Verdurmen has assisted us with all aspects relating to real estate primarily negotiations of lease agreements and discussions with landlords. During the last two years, Katinka has played a huge role in our COVID-19 crisis management. She has her client top of mind and combines her excellent legal skills with her commercial point of view to the benefit of her client.”
- The Legal 500 2022 – Recommended Lawyer in Real Estate
“Katinka Verdurmen has had a huge impact on our business in the Netherlands.”
“Katinka Verdurmen has played a huge role in our Covid-19 crisis management.”
“Katinka Verdurmen has her client at the top of her mind and combines her excellent legal skills with her commercial point of view to the benefit of her client.”
“We will at any time recommend Katinka Verdurmen to other international businesses who want to do business in Holland.”
“Katinka Verdurmen speaks and writes English fluently and is skilled with IT.”
- The Legal 500 2021 – Leading Individual in Industry Focus: Retail
“Good knowledge of the relevant market developments, quick replies and pragmatic advice.“
- The Legal 500 2021 – Recommended Lawyer in Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation
“Berth Brouwer and Katinka Verdurmen are both excellent lawyers, approachable, fast, down-to-earth, thorough, knowledgeable, an eye for the business, everything you want your lawyer to be and on top of that. very nice people.“
- The Legal 500 2021 – Recommended Lawyer in Real Estate
“They think several steps ahead in the process.”
- The Legal 500 2020 – Leading Individual in Industry Focus: Retail
“‘Quick-thinking’ managing partner Katinka Verdurmen provides clients with a blend of commercial contracting and real estate expertise, with particular experience in franchising work and leasing disputes.“
- The Legal 500 2020 – Recommended Lawyer in Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation
“Also recommended are Katinka Verdurmen and Pieter Twaalfhoven, who are ‘focused on solving the problem.“
- The Legal 500 2020 – Recommended Lawyer in Real Estate
“Katinka Verdurmen is a very hardworking lawyer with a sharp mind, who specialises in commercial tenancy and franchise law.”
- The Legal 500 2019 – Recommended Lawyer in Industry Focus: Retail
“In recent work, the team has handled contentious real estate, pre-insolvency and a number of complex franchising matters.“
- The Legal 500 2018 – Recommended Lawyer in Industry Focus: Retail
“Real estate and franchise agreements are the core pillars of Fort Advocaten’s department, which is also active in insolvency. Katinka Verdurmen is the key contact; she assists clients with real estate transactions, leasing issues, and franchise agreements and disputes.“