Insolvency Law & Restructuring
The lawyers of our Insolvency Law & Restructuring practice group can offer you expert assistance if your company is faced with difficulties or if you are faced with the liquidation or imminent insolvency of a customer or supplier.
We can determine together whether it is possible to restructure or refinance your company to avoid an insolvency. We closely follow new legislation in this field to ensure that no stone is left unturned. We also conduct the negotiations with the official receiver, banks, Tax Administration, creditors and all other parties involved. If necessary, we will litigate on your behalf.
Our insolvency lawyers advise and litigate on all aspects of insolvency law and are often appointed as administrators in suspensions of payment and as official receivers in insolvencies. They are therefore able to view a case from every perspective.
Insolvency Law & Restructuring at FORT Advocaten
Our lawyers provide customised advice on:
- Offering creditors’ schemes
- Handling insolvency fraud
- Analysing the insolvency risks for the management board or shareholders
- Officers’ and directors’ liability
- Default management
- Restructuring of activities
- Restructuring of debts
- Fraudulent preference disputes
- Pre-pack administration
- Legal actions against official receivers
- Suspensions of payment
- Reclaiming of property
- Transactions immediately before an insolvency
- Sale of security provided
Partner Insolvency Law & Restructuring
- Representing the buyer on the sale of a division of KraftHeinz involving an interest of EUR 8 million, related to a successful turnaround operation.
- Representing approximately 100 suppliers in the insolvency of V&D to recuperate their claims and products and in the investigation of liability of the management board and shareholder.
- Official receiver of the Escom group, a worldwide group with dozens of shareholdings in the field of property, oil and gas, infrastructure, energy and minerals, with a balance sheet total of EUR 793 million.
- Work and advice related to acquisitions, including those regarding Mexx, MS Mode, Kroymans, Luchtvaartmaatschappij Dutchbird and Kurhaus. Kroymans is a group of 51 companies with a turnover of EUR 2 billion and 4,000 employees.
- Representing restart candidates in the insolvencies of Miss Etam, Macintosh and USG (Perry Sport), among others.