Derk van Geel
- Expertise: Insolvency law, Restructuring, Financing & Security, Default Management
Derk van Geel specialises in insolvency law. His areas of expertise include assisting companies that are faced with difficulties, restructuring debts or loans, restarts, and disputes with official receivers. He himself is also regularly appointed as an official receiver.
He furthermore focuses on assisting companies that have been passed to the bank’s Default Management department.
Derk has completed the Grotius/INSOLAD Insolvency Law course and the Erasmus/INSOLAD Financial Economy course. He is also a lecturer and regularly publishes articles.
- Representing the buyer on the sale of a division of KraftHeinz involving an interest of EUR 8 million, related to a successful turnaround operation.
- Representing approximately 100 suppliers in the insolvency of V&D to recuperate their claims and products and in the investigation of liability of the management board and shareholder.
- Official receiver of the Escom group, a worldwide group with dozens of shareholdings in the field of property, oil and gas, infrastructure, energy and minerals, with a balance sheet total of EUR 793 million.
- Representing restart candidates in the insolvencies of Miss Etam, Macintosh and USG (Perry Sport), among others.
- Representing the official receivers in the insolvencies of MS Mode and Mexx, among others.