The lawyers of our Franchise Law practice group are experts in all the aspects of franchise relationships. The team represents both franchisors and franchisees (or associations of franchisees). Our specialists advise, for instance, on the establishment of a franchise relationship and litigate in the event of disputes between a franchisor and a franchisee.
There are not yet any specific franchise regulations under Dutch law. Franchise relationships are nevertheless governed by many Acts and rules. We are experts in the field of the dynamics involved and will be pleased to advise you.
Franchise Law at FORT Advocaten
Our lawyers provide customised advice on:
- Advising and litigating in disputes arising from a franchise relationship
- Advising on the structuring of franchise relationships
- In-house advice for franchisors
- Financial settlement
- Non-compete and non-disclosure issues
- Purchase, sale and lease processes
- Negotiation on franchise formulas
- Drawing up and advising on franchise agreements
- Transfer, termination and continuation of franchise relationships
- Advising on a structural basis at Blokker Holding, a non-food retail group with more than 2,000 stores in the Netherlands and abroad. The advice relates in particular to questions of lease, general property and franchise. In addition to playing an advisory role, FORT has also conducted various legal proceedings for several formulas in the group of Blokker Holding, such as Blokker and Marskramer.
- Advising and assisting almost all the franchisees of Albert Heijn and their association. Albert Heijn is a supermarket formula, a division of Ahold Delhaize, and the market leader in the Netherlands, which also has branches in Belgium and Germany. There is a dispute between the parties regarding the manner in which the annual financial settlement should take place.
- Assisting various retailers, including franchisors, such as Soap Treatment Store, in drawing up concession agreements and franchise agreements.
- Various activities for retailers Intertoys and Bart Smit regarding franchise law, the interpretation of franchise agreements and the provisions they contain regarding exclusivity territories.