Dissatisfied with our services?
Our goal at Fort Advocaten N.V. is to provide you with the best possible services. Nevertheless, on occasion you may not be satisfied and may have a complaint.
You can, of course, first discuss your concerns with the lawyer in question. If you are not satisfied with this lawyer’s response, you can turn to the Management Board of Fort Advocaten N.V., which will try to resolve the issue with you. Having a good relationship with our clients is extremely important to us and we take expressions of dissatisfaction by our clients very seriously. That is why we have our own complaints procedure in place. This procedure is set forth below. Should you need further information, please feel free to contact our office manager, Ms C. Bonsma (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. How to make a complaint
You file a complaint by sending your written complaint to the Management Board of Fort Advocaten N.V. (P.O. Box 70091, 1007 KB Amsterdam). You can also send your complaint by email (email@example.com).
In order for us to assess your complaint as quickly as possible, you must provide us with the following information in your letter:
- your name, address and place of residence, and your telephone number and email address, if any;
- your case file reference number at Fort Advocaten N.V.;
- the date on which you send your letter;
- a clear description of your complaint;
- copies of documents that clarify the complaint.
The more relevant information you provide, the better we are able to assess your complaint.
2. Acknowledgement of receipt
We will provide you with a written acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint as soon as possible.
In this acknowledgement of receipt we will inform you who is handling your complaint and inform you about the stages of the complaints procedure.
3. Handling of the complaint
- The Management Board of Fort Advocaten N.V. appoints a mediator (who can be the Management Board).
- The mediator will inform the lawyer in question about the complaint and give him or her the opportunity to respond (in writing) to this complaint within a specified period of time.
- The mediator may request additional information from you during assessment of the complaint.
- Both parties may be asked to attend a meeting if the mediator considers this to be necessary.
- The mediator ensures that your complaint is dealt with in a speedy and appropriate manner.
4. Response to your complaint
You will receive a substantive response to your complaint as soon as possible. In the event of any delay, you will be informed of the causes of the delay.
Fort Advocaten N.V. does its best to deal with your complaint satisfactorily.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can consider submitting your complaint to the Dean of the Amsterdam Bar Association. More information can be found at http://www.advocatenorde-amsterdam.nl/.
You also have the option of filing a civil lawsuit.